The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) by far has been very successful with its films.
The film Spider-Man: Far From Home received highly positive reviews from critics (90 per cent on Rotten Tomatoes with a 7.45 average score) and audiences (95 per cent on Rotten Tomatoes) has now grossed USD1 billion at the global box office.
All three Marvel Cinematic Universe movies that were released this year made at least USD1 billion (SGD1.3 billion) dollars each at the global box office.
Captain Marvel raked in USD1.1 billion (SGD1.5 billion) while Avengers: Endgame stands on top of the box office mountain with a USD2.791 billion (SGD3.8 billion) cume.
Far From Home is the first Spider-Man movie sans inflation to join the billion-dollar club which now houses 40 movies (nine of which are MCU movies and 22 of which are currently owned/co-owned by Disney).
Before Far From Home, the highest-grossing Spider-Man movie was Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 3, raking in USD890 million (SGD1.2 billion) at the global box office.
The list is as follows:
Spider-Man: Far From Home ($US 1 billion and counting)
- Spider-Man 3 ($US 890 million)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming ($US 880 million)
- Spider-Man ($US 821 million)
- Spider-Man 2 ($US 783 million)
- The Amazing Spider-Man ($US 757 million)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($US 709 million)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse ($US 375 million)